Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Engraving Creations made anniversary special

Honesty, integrity, personal service: These are just a few of the words I use to describe Engraving Creations.  Wonderful, fun, rewarding: These are words I would use to describe my overall experience as a customer.  I searched for the perfect gift for my mother and father’s 50th anniversary.  Of course, my sister and I arranged to throw an elaborate party to honor the couple who were married in their late teens and stayed together through the most challenging and best years of their lives and survived to enjoy the golden years together.  What do you give a couple like this?  How do you encapsulate through a single gift all the treasured memories you have shared as a family; all the times they both have made you feel special and loved; every family vacation; every family tragedy?  I could not find the perfect way to express my love and admiration for the two people who have had the most influence on my life and who continue to offer me the love, encouragement and even now, in my late 40s, the direction in my life that defines me as an individual, a mother, a friend, a wife and of course, a daughter.

 

I searched high-end boutiques in upscale neighborhoods near my home.  I looked in the popular mall stores for that special gift to commemorate the occasion.  Everything I looked at seemed so commercial and so ordinary and impersonal. Frustrated, I turned to my computer for help.  I searched for anniversary gifts for inspiration.  It was not until I came across the Engraving Creations Web site that I finally felt like I made a connection.  I read the story about Susan and Jeff Myers. This is a couple committed to providing optimal, personalized customer service.  Their commitment to their clients shines through and makes the shopping experience a memorable and engaging one.  I found dozens of inspiring ideas.  I saw crystal trophies, crystal vases and crystal bowls of high quality and just as unique and exquisite as my parents and their love for each other.  I finally decided on an engraved crystal vase with a special message that outlined the commitment my parents have to each other and to their family, and honoring them for their 50 years together.  When my sister and I presented Mom and Dad with the crystal bowl at their anniversary party, it brought tears to my mother’s eyes.  It was made with love and care and you could see that in the superior craftsmanship and stunning sparkle of the crystal engraving work.  My father was choked up when he read the personal message aloud to the nearly 200 friends and family members who turned out to add to the occasion.  I know where I will return when I purchase engraved plaques next year as corporate gifts for my company’s board of trustees: Engraving Creations.

No comments: